The Geek Shall Inherit The Earth

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Widgets

This is scary...


So a friend of mine posted this article on Facebook and I just had to share.  As someone who has an affinity for wearing weaves, when I saw this article my jaw dropped.  Here's an excerpt from the article on Glamazons:


Atasha Graham, a 34-year-old Jamaican-born housewife who lived in England, died after suffering a major allergic reaction triggered by glue from her hair extensions.

After a night out on the town with her boyfriend, Graham collapsed, stopped breathing and could not regain consciousness. She was taken to a hospital and pronounced dead. Doctors surmised the hair glue or latex weave was the cause of her death after an autopsy revealed nothing was wrong with her organs and no toxins were present in her bloodstream.

How many mothers, girlfriends, sisters, cousins, and aunts you know that wear weave with bonding glue in it?  Here's the kicker to this story.  This is not the first time this has happened.  There are 10-20 deaths per year related to hair extensions. The number may not seem very large, but the fact that there is a NUMBER concerns me.  I don't want to scare any of you out there, but it concerns me that this happened.  Girls, please be careful what you are putting in your hair...I'll listen to my own advice too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis